Tumbling Blocks Quilts Patterns [Traditional Methods and Modern Twists]
Tumbling block quilt patterns are interesting as they have a 3 dimensional look due to the blocks looking like they are tumbling down the quilt.
The quilt pattern has developed several variations over the years. The traditional blocks were hand pieced and quilted. It used a diamond shape in a repeating pattern. Now there are patterns you can buy that use the strip piecing method or the paper piecing method to assemble them.
Table of Contents
- 1 Tumbling blocks quilt without a single Y seam
- 2 Striped Tumbling Blocks Quilt
- 3 Sewing Tumbling Blocks Patchwork
- 4 Learn cutting and piecing to make Tumbler Blocks
- 5 Cool Blocks Quilt
- 6 Easy Tumbling Blocks ~ No “Y” seams!
- 7 How to Make a Tumbling Blocks Quilt with No Y-Seams!
- 8 Free Quilt Pattern: Tumbling Blocks Quilt
- 9 Tumbling Blocks Sunrise
- 10 Tutorial: How to Sash Tumbler Blocks
- 11 Modern Twist on Tumbling Tiles
- 12 Tumbling Blocks Quilt
- 13 Tumbling Blocks Raggy Quilt for a baby
- 14 3D Tumbling Blocks Quilt Tutorial
- 15 Newer methods using strip piecing with no set-in seams
- 16 Non-traditional tumbling blocks patterns
Tumbling blocks quilt without a single Y seam
individual tumbling block size is about 4 1/2 x 3 7/8 inches
Striped Tumbling Blocks Quilt
Sewing Tumbling Blocks Patchwork
Learn cutting and piecing to make Tumbler Blocks
Cool Blocks Quilt
Easy Tumbling Blocks ~ No “Y” seams!
How to Make a Tumbling Blocks Quilt with No Y-Seams!
Free Quilt Pattern: Tumbling Blocks Quilt
SIZE 45 ¾”W X 53 ¾”H
PATTERN HERE. DESIGNED BY MARSHA EVANS MOORE for Michael Miller fabrics
Tumbling Blocks Sunrise
Finished quilt size: 16 x 16 inches
Sewn entirely on machine and without any Y seams!
Tutorial: How to Sash Tumbler Blocks
Modern Twist on Tumbling Tiles
Click here to get a FREE copy of the original Tumbling Blocks pattern from McCall’s Quilting February 2005 here.
Tumbling Blocks Quilt
Tumbling Blocks Raggy Quilt for a baby
3D Tumbling Blocks Quilt Tutorial
Newer methods using strip piecing with no set-in seams
video clip by Marci Baker showing one of the newer methods using strip piecing with no set-in seams
Non-traditional tumbling blocks patterns
Below you will find the following templates and instructions. No matter which method you choose, make sure you are in line with the basic principle of placement of light, medium and dark fabrics. This is vital for the success of the design.
- Tumbling Blocks Frame Templates
- Tumbling Blocks Frame Rotary Cutting Pattern
- Tumbling Blocks Frame Foundation Piecing
- Tumbling Star Templates
- Tumbling Star Rotary Cutting Pattern
- Tumbling Star Foundation Piecing
- Tumbling Cube Templates
- Tumbling Cube Rotary Cutting Pattern
- Tumbling Cube Foundation Piecing